Five for Friday 8.15 {On a Saturday}

Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching again for Five for Friday- although once again, I'm getting to it on a Saturday again!

This week I had the AWESOME opportunity to be a part of the Tri-State Blogger Meetup at the TpT offices in Manhattan. The experience was amazing- I met some of the people who work for TpT (they couldn't be any nicer) and so many wonderful Teacher-Authors from NJ, NY, CT, and PA. Everyone was so kind and I learned so much. I have to thank Amie from Glitter Meets Glue Designs for being so unbelievably welcoming and taking me under her wing! You need to check out her store on TpT- her clipart is beautiful and unique! I also had the pleasure of getting to know Danielle from Study All Knight and Christina from School Daisies- just two of the incredible Teacher-Authors I met. It was so nice to be a part of a community of teachers that support and encourage one another. I felt beyond inspired when I went home that evening. So much to learn from these great people!


On Facebook it seems that NAEIR orders are all the rage. Maybe it's because I can't get that excited about laminators and scotch tape or maybe it's because they didn't accept my application yet- but it's just not doing anything for me. My trip to Lakeshore Learning with my closest school friends and BFF however, is another story! There's something about brand new school stuff that makes me JOYFUL. I've been that way since I was a kid. But come on, who wouldn't get excited over strawberry scented stickers and owl certificates?!


Super excited about this. Since my first year of teaching I've wanted curtains in my classroom. THIS is the year it finally happens... my ninth year. Better late than never! My BFF's mother generously agreed to make curtains for my classroom from the fabric I picked up at the store. I couldn't pick just one. Of course not. So I got three. I'm thinking the teal fabric for curtains and the others for pillows in the reading area. (Yes, I may have picked up stuffing, too). Can't wait until it all comes together!


Okay- HP Instant Ink. If you don't know what that is, you need to click here and find out about it. Seriously. This is life changing. You don't pay for actual ink cartridges... you just pay a monthly fee (for example $10.00 a month for 300 pages). It doesn't matter if the page is a full color picture or just text. Then, when your ink is running low- your printer will let HP know to send a new one! (I'm sorry for all the exclamation marks... it's clear I am very excited about this). It only works with certain printers though, so make sure yours is compatible!

Birthday Giveaway 

Yari from Sweet Tooth Teaching is hosting a fabulous giveaway! You can win TpT products from all of the Teacher-Authors in the graphic below (myself included), a $25.00 gift card to Target or TpT, or a set of Flair Pens, Paper Mate Pens, and Sharpies! Any of these prizes would be great to have for the start of a new school year. Click here to visit her blog and enter!

Sweet Tooth Teaching Birthday Giveaway


2 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you chose! I'm sure they'd look great as curtains or pillows :)

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle,

      Thank you! I can't wait to see how they turn out. I'll post pictures of them when I do my classroom reveal. :)

      Thank you for visiting my blog!
      Melissa

      Delete