Five for Friday * 11.27

Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday, again!

I can't believe I almost let the entire month of November pass without posting about the adorable turkeys I made with my students a couple weeks ago! We brainstormed a list of reasons one should not eat turkey- and then we created another list of "turkey-approved" alternatives for Thanksgiving. The children then completed the page on their own, and then composed the turkey craftivity with my assistance. This idea is credited to Melissa from the blog First Grade Smiles. (Click here to visit her blog to find the writing papers for this activity). I created the craftivity myself though- but I didn't scan the templates yet. If anyone is interested in grabbing it, comment below!

"Hellooo?" I am LOVING Adele's new album and listening to it on repeat. And singing "Hello" on repeat as well, much to my husbands dismay. (He likes the song- it's my voice that isn't too great). Anyway, seriously love her and these videos- check them out if you are a fan!

Adele pranks her impersonators:

Adele rocking out with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots:

And of course this one...

It's been a while since I'm had enough time to really sit at the computer and finish a TpT product. A couple weeks ago I made a pact with a friend of mine to get a new product up this weekend and do a Five For Friday post. I really needed that motivation to get going- I'm so thankful to have someone holding me accountable! Jenna is a middle school French teacher, and is also relatively new to the blogging/TpT world. Click here to visit her blog and here to visit her TpT store. She's awesome! Share it with any French teachers you know!

http://www.teachinginpantoufles.blogspot.com/

Speaking of new products, I'm super excited that I finally got a new one up! (Thanks again, Jenna!) The latest is a packet with differentiated practice pages for the Make a Ten addition strategy. Year after year my students struggle with this strategy. And it's near impossible to find anything online that correlates with the way the strategy is presented in our math program (Go Math!). I made this packet for use with my own students- and I think a lot of other people could find it useful! There's three levels of ability (easiest, on level, and most challenging). You can find it on my TpT store by clicking here.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Using-the-Make-a-Ten-Strategy-to-Add-Differentiated-2230767




Birthday Giveaway
And then some exciting news- I will be getting my very first senior field student teacher in the spring! I am extremely excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to working with her. We've communicated through email, and I will be meeting her in a couple weeks. My kids are also excited that they will be getting another teacher! For those of you who have had student teachers (and enjoyed the experience)- any advice? Comment below! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment